I came across this term when I studied the SR. So far, Alhamdulillah I think I able to grasp some of the concept in performing the SR though very little, it does useful for initial write up on protocol. Firstly, after getting thru the review questions, we will have to plan for searching appropriate sources. So we will derive few search strategies to be used later on. Upon retrieval of all the primary and secondary sources, next is we will have to do screening on those sources on its validity. The reliability of any source will be based on the inclusion and exclusion criteria being set up earlier. After the final selection process, now it comes to the major part of reviewing; which is to critically appraise those studies. This is the hard part. To summarize, to identify, to figure out limitations and to suggest gaps in the studies is vital to determine what should be done next. Some of the review is using the meta-analysis in carrying out the evaluation part. But some author said it is not necessarily so. There are times when meta-analysis could not be carried out. But in what sense? Huhuh.. I have no idea how is it being doneL. What is needed and what not. Any ideas??
Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment