Alhamdulillah another good thing, I have completed the six months of work on SR of empirical studies of pair programming. As the time flies, I just couldn't believe that I have been here for half a year. Time passes very quickly, I can't wait for the provisional period to end so that I can peacefully going back to Msia for a short holidays. Alhamdulillah my supervisor had given me the greenlight to go home (yieehaaa!!!) after submitting the work to ESEM by March 2008. InsyaAllah..May Allah make this journey easy for me and for my friends who are also doing their PhD. ameen..
Ok, back to the SR. Out of 320 studies, we found only 140 are relevant for the review. After getting thru the i/e criteria, only 66 were included in the finalized list. Well, it's a long stories but the protocol has been updated for more than 5 times throughout the actual review process. The hardest part is to design the quality checklist as instrument to assess the quality of those studies. There is no standard guidelines in measuring quality studies related to CS/SE research. Hence, the validity and reliability of the assessment is a very difficult aspect to be resolved. I will have another meeting with my supervisor next week, where we both will discover the patterns and identify the gaps found in PP studies. Accordingly (hopefully!) that will be a definite area of my contribution as well as to fit in the current body of knowledge of PP research. They are lots more to do...to read...to think..to understand..to write..about knowledge. Good luck everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment